When a woman finds out that she is pregnant it becomes difficult to think of something else. This results in the woman being anxious to announce the exciting news with other people specially the partner. There has been a lot of controversy on the best time to make an announcement about pregnancy. While choosing how and when to make an announcement of pregnancy it is necessary to know the advantages and disadvantages of proper timing. Moreover one can choose creative ways to reveal the secret.
Sharing news early
If one shares the news early the main advantage is that there is a lot of support from near and dear ones. One can share ones joy with others. While making decisions a lot of people comes foreword to help the pregnant mother. A lot of time is available for advice and choose the best medical professional. There is overwhelming support in case of miscarriage.
The main disadvantage of breaking the news early is that there may be overwhelming advice. A lot of explanation needs to be done in case of miscarriage.
Telling your loved ones
There is a tone of ideas out there, but we love the ones that are simple, fun and make you smile. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Cook a nice dinner and invite both of your parents to enjoy some time together while you break the news.
- Arrange a treasure hunt for friends, threw in a few hints and finally end it off with a big box of colored baloons that pop out (red for girl and blue for boy)
- A silly card you can get on etsy.com
- Buy a cute baby body and add custom text on it – also available on etsy.com
- Wear an annoucement t-shirt or even better – get matching t-shirts with your partner/husband
Or a photoshoot arranged to surprise the daddy:
Most of all, enjoy the planning, the annoucement and most importantly – your pregnancy.